Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Goodbyes in Campinas

Today turned out to be my last day of doing work in Campinas. I head out to Curitiba tomorrow and when I get back to Campinas on Monday all the people I’ve been working with will have taken off to a conference in Caxambu. So I had to say my goodbyes to the good friends I’ve made here. But I’m hoping to be able to come back here and actually be able to do the research I’ve been setting up.

Since I’m on the subject of my Campinas peeps, I feel remiss in that during the past 4 weeks I’ve been here I’ve neglected to inform you on all the good times I’ve had here and the really cool people I’ve met. So I’m finally uploading some photos. I’d also like to give a special thanks to Wilson for setting me up with my chique apartment in the center of Barrão Geraldo (its centrally located to both the bus terminal and the Mc Donald’s, what more could you ask for) and I had a consistent and fast internet connection which has let me be online so much (probably more than I should). Claudia, thanks for teaching me proper Portuguese, like “belhosa creosa” and “filar uma boia”, I’m constantly using those phrases. Roberto, my advisor here, thanks so much for your guidance and setting me up with contacts and resources. I’m really looking forward to working with you in the future. Rafael, Marcello, Simmone, Maísa, everyone, thanks for making my time in Campinas so much fun. And of course thanks to Maren and Stefan for showing me the ins and outs of Campinas, I’ll try to drop by Austin to visit you. Um Abração!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: