Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Morning Commute

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Getting to work has never been so much fun. Each morning I join up with my bipedal carpool (i.e. walking group) for the 35-45 minute walk to work. The crew has varied but its pretty much Andrea, Peter and I. This walk has given us a chance to catch up on the latest blogs and other articles we've been reading, new finds, and pretty much anything. The conversation has certainly gotten me to think much more about planning and helped to spur my creativity and interest in planning. But if that weren't fun enough, the detour that we take through Zizhuyuan Park (translates to Purple Bamboo Park) is like the icing on the cake. Aside from the daily escape from the city that the walk provides we get to see throngs of mostly elderly people engaged in some sort of physical activity each morning, including Tai Chi, some modified hackey sack game, badminton, fan dancing, ball room dancing, sword fighting and my favorite aerobics (both jazzercise style and classical Chinese music). The only drawback is that its hot and muggy, but fortunately the office is on casual dress so I don't have to worry too much about arriving in a hot and sweaty mess. And then there is air conditioning in my office to look forward to.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey G-MO,

Wanted to be the first of the boys to post a comment. (As a fellow blogger, I know how nice it is to have others read and comment.) We miss you a lot. I will discuss with the boys about a possible Skype session soon. In the meanwhile, keep up the good blogging!

Giang Guo Tuan

Unknown said...

hey Guillermo! thanks for bloggin so I can check out what you've been up to and live vicariously through you.. looks and sounds f-in awesome, you are such a rockstar!! thinkin of you here in smoggy LA..

xoxo
Dan