Thursday, July 19, 2007

I have a job to do...

I just got out of a meeting with my supervisor and her boss regarding the work I’m supposed to do while I’m here. I’ve been asked to do some research on storm water management, eco villages, and wind power, and give advice on the best management practices for this new development they are planning. It’s a cool project. The development will have residential areas that are designed in the style of various European countries, so there will be an England land, Norway land, Holland land, etc. There will also be an amusement park and an industrial zone geared toward creative industries, such as design, fashion, etc. It’s a bit overwhelming to think that my advice will help to determine how this project gets implemented. I just hope I don’t fall into the same troubles that other eco villages built in China have experienced.

No comments: