Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Amusement park

Our last day in Qingdao meant we finally got to check out the beer festival I wasn’t quite sure what to expect other than copious amounts of beer. But what I found was pretty much a temporary amusement park complete with carnival games and amusement rides. We started off by going on the swing then working our way up to the roller coaster which was pretty much like the . Now I know that some people would be a bit concerned about riding a roller coaster or other amusement rides in a foreign country with lax safety regulations, but that thought didn’t cross my mind until I was trying to put the safety restraint on and noticed that there was a bit more wiggle room than I was comfortable with. But before I could do anything we were off and running. Fortunately for me, the g-forces kept me glued to my seat, but there was a point where we were upside down that I felt like I could have slid off my seat. That was pretty much the end of my thrill seeking that day. One of my workmates went on this crazy hammer like ride. I was content to just take the video.

We topped off our day by going on the Ferris wheel and where treated with a full view of the entire fairgrounds.

And after all the fun and games we never even touched the beer. I was a bit bummed. We didn’t even get the 1Yuan bag of beer that was being sold. Oh well I guess I’ll just have to go back some time.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: